Monday 23 April 2012

Pudding Pops - WW 1 +Pts


Pudding Pops - WW 1 +Points

   With summer just around the corner I'm excited to finally feel some heat again.  With that also comes all the wonderful and tempting ice creamy treats I find so hard to resist.  In order to control my waistline I've decided to make my own.  For only
1 point these really are sinfully delicious and with so many options to create and enjoy theres something for everyone. 


Start with the basic:  
      Chocolate or Vanilla
1 pkg Chocolate or Vanilla FAT FREE, sugar free, instant pudding mix.

2 cups 2% milk (word of caution if you try to save calories and use skim, 
they will have a more crystallized texture.)

Mix well, pour into molds, freeze - eat!  Easy Peasy


       If you like them to be even creamier use only 1 1/2 cups of milk and a 1/2 cup light vanilla yogurt.  Still only 1 point a piece.

If you don't like the idea of artificial sweeteners feel free to use reg instant pudding mixes.  The pudding pop are then 2 points each.   

Now for the fun of Variety: 

My fave - Orange Creamsicle:
1 pkg vanilla fat free instant pudding
1/2 cups  2%milk
1/2 cup Frozen orange Juice 

Lemon Raspberry:
In a small pot on Med, heat 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh raspberries till soft. add 1 
package of sweetener.
Puree in the blender and strain seeds, set aside to cool.

1 pkg lemon fat free instant pudding
1  1/2 cups  2% milk
1/2 cup cooled Raspberry puree

Strawberry Creamsicle
In a small pot on Med, heat 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh strawberries till soft. add 1 package of sweetener.
Puree in the blender and strain seeds, set aside to cool.

1 pkg vanilla fat free instant pudding
1/2 cups         2% milk
1/2 cup cooled strawberry puree

Pina Colada pops
1 pkg vanilla fat free instant pudding
1/2 cups         2% milk
1/2 cup pineapple juice 
2 Tbsp bits of crushed pineapple 
                                                                 (optional)
                                              1 tsp       coconut extract

Chocolate Mint
1 pkg Chocolate fat free instant pudding
1/2 cups  2%milk
1 tsp  mint extract

Banana Cream  
1 pkg Banana fat free instant pudding
2 cups 2%milk

Chocolate Orange
1 pkg Chocolate fat free instant pudding
1/2 cups  2%milk
1 tsp orange extract

The options are really endless.  Play around and make your own combinations.  I would love for you to Share your delicious creations. 

ENJOY!!

25 comments:

  1. Has anyone tried using soy milk or Greek yogurt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried with either...I'm guessing that the greek yogurt would make them super creamy, not sure how the texture would be with freezing though....I would love to hear your results.

      Delete
    2. Pudding will not set up if you use soy milk. It says so on the package. I tried it once before I saw that, and it just stays runny and liquidy.

      Delete
    3. Mimicreme will work, if you're looking for a non-dairy option.

      Delete
    4. I've made pudding with Soy Almond Milk and it was runny, but my husband suggested we freeze it, thinking it would have the consistency of ice cream, but it ended up being frozen solid, so we put it back in the refrigerator and it turned out just like pudding made with milk. Since then I've made cream pudding pie, which uses less milk, substituting almond milk for cow's milk, and without freezing it sets up just fine. The key is, at least with almond milk, it is more liquid-y or less thick or something like that, so you don't need as much of it to yield the same result as with cow's milk. Bear in mind that using less liquid will make less pudding.

      Delete
  2. Are they creamy like fudgesicles? Or rock hard like popsicles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find them creamy and smooth as long as you stick to the 2% milk. If you try to cut calories and use skim milk they tend to be harder and more crystallized.

      Delete
  3. So how about results with whole milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whole milk is great also....slightly richer....we just don't typically have that on hand in our home!

      Delete
  4. Where did you get your really cute ice pop mold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are adorable......I love that they have the straw to catch all the melted bits. I got them from Walmart last summer....hopefully they bring them back this year!

      Delete
    2. I bought a mold just like that at the dollar tree.

      Delete
  5. Anyone know how much mix is in a regular box of pudding mix? I used 2 tablespoons out of a package of Strawberry pudding mix, but want to make this with the rest. Any idea how much less milk I should use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my guess is 2 Tbsp out of a package would be about half a box. So half the amount of milk

      Delete
  6. Has anyone made this in a zoku? I love my zoku because of how quick it is, but I am always worried to make something new in it since it is such a pain in the butt to clean when something doesn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have to use the fat free sugar free jello? can I use regular?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can use regular as well, they would just be higher in points.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing! these are fabu recipes and will be a hit with my family!! i loved pudding pops - why did they stop making them?
    http://jillienedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to try the cheesecake instant pudding! And I like the sound of your chocolate mint recipe! Any idea how it'd turn out with 1% milk..?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How long do they take to freeze?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How long do they take to freeze? I tried making them and couldn't get them to freeze up. I used regular pudding and 2% milk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Strange, I've never had a problem with them freezing. I've never timed them to see how long they take but I would guess 4 -5 hours?? Leaving them overnight should insure they would be frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where do you get the molds at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had bought them last summer at Walmart. Hopefully they bring them back with this years summer stuff. :)

      Delete